Halloween Safety Tips:
• Wear light colored clothing that is short enough to prevent tripping, and add reflective tape. Make sure children can see well enough through face masks, or use makeup instead.
• Adults should accompany young children. Cross the street only at corners and never between parked vehicles. If there is not a sidewalk, walk facing traffic.
• Stay within your own neighborhood and only visit homes you know. Tell your family which streets you will be on, and only go to houses that have their lights on.
• Only give and accept wrapped or packaged candy. Wait until you get home to sort, check and eat your treats. Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it.
• Keep costumed children away from pets. The pet may not recognize the child and bite.
• Avoid hard plastic or wooden props such as daggers or swords. Substitute with foam rubber which is soft and flexible.
• Remove lawn ornaments and leaf bags from the front of residences prior to Halloween.
• Park vehicles off the street or inside your garage.
• Turn on all exterior lights to discourage vandalism.
• If you will be out of town during Halloween, put your lights on timers and notify your neighbors that you will be away.
For questions or more information, feel free to contact Ridgecrest Police Department at 760-499-5100, send a FB message to the Ridgecrest Police Dept facebook page or contact us on our Tip page HERE. Thank you.