Video and Photo credit courtesy of Tina Marie Haugen: Homecoming At Burroughs High School . You will tear up… #usa #ktlanews #proud #kernvalleysun GOD BLESS THE USA …. (I give my permission to share this video)
Monthly archives for October, 2017
Dear Community Members:
Officers from your Ridgecrest Police Department will be going door-to door during the evening on Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 in an effort to contact and interact with members of our community. They will be handing out “door hangers” with crime prevention tips and crime reporting procedures. They will also be available to “chat” for a few minutes if desired and will leave the information door hangers on the door if nobody is home.
This will be the first date in this outreach series of door-to-door contacts. If we don’t say “Hi” to you this Wednesday, we will catch up with you within the next few months. Don’t hesitate to call the Ridgecrest Police Department with any questions or concerns in the meantime at 760-499-5100. If it is an emergency situation you can call 9-1-1 and give the information to the emergency dispatcher.
Prepared By: Sgt. Justin Dampier
TYPE OF EVENT: AB109 P.R.C.S/ Parole/ Probation Compliance Check
S.I.T. (Street Interdiction Team) Operation
LOCATION: City of Ridgecrest and surrounding areas in Kern County
On October 12, 2017, the Ridgecrest Police Department conducted a compliance check on subjects who are on active Parole, Probation or Post Release Community Supervision (AB109) living within the City of Ridgecrest and surrounding areas (Buttermilk Acres and Inyokern). The primary goal of the compliance check was to deter criminal activity in the Indian Wells Valley.
The operation was comprised of approximately 35 Law Enforcement Officers for 35 planned contacts from the following agencies:
– Ridgecrest Police Department – Kern County Probation Department
– Taft Police Department – California State Parole
– McFarland Police Department – Delano Police Department
The Ridgecrest Police Department’s Community Service Officer and Dispatch assisted in this event.
During the operation, approximately 35 searches, 23 non-target contacts were conducted resulting in 22 arrests for various violations including the seizure of (13) handguns/rifles, (4) of which were confirmed stolen, 42.6 grams of methamphetamine, 2 gram of heroin, several glass pipes and hypodermic needles and an expandable baton.
1. Jessica Lish 12/29/1984-No bail misdemeanor warrant
2. Heather Height 08/26/1985-Misdemeanor warrant
3. Camiesha Pruitt 05/24/1994- (H&S) 11377(a)-Possession of controlled substance and (H&S) 11364-Possession of paraphernalia
4. Ricky Dean Harris 11/11/1972- (H&S) 11364-Possession of paraphernalia and Mandatory Supervision Violation
5. Stephanie Shelton 07/20/1961-(PC) 29800(a)(1)-Felon in possession of gun, (PC) 30305(a)(1)-Felon in possession of ammunition, (H&S) 11378(a)-Possession of controlled substance for sales,(H&S) 11350(a)-Possession of controlled substance narcotic, (H&S) 11364-Possession of paraphernalia
6. Michael Thompson 10/05/1966–(PC) 29800(a)(1)-Felon in possession of gun, (PC) 30305(a)(1)-Felon in possession of ammunition, (H&S) 11378(a)-Possession of controlled substance for sales, (H&S) 11364-Possession of paraphernalia
7. Jonathan Stanley-Ratto 09/02/1992-Post Release Community Supervision violation
8. Donald Tyler 02/04/1963- (PC) 3056-Parole Hold
9. Valerie Presta 04/11/1977-(H&S) 11377(a)-Possession of controlled substance
10. Jaime Perez 12/06/1976-(PC) 29800(a)(1)-Felon in possession of gun, (PC) 30305(a)(1)-Felon in possession of ammunition
11. Andrew Hildebrand 05/26/1990-Violation of probation
12. Robert Kane 04/08/1993- (4) Misdemeanor warrants
13. Ronald Rickets 10/12/1937- (H&S) 11364-Possession of paraphernalia
14. Kaliegh Thomas 01/04/1986- (H&S) 11377(a)-Possession of controlled substance, (H&S) 11364-Possession of paraphernalia and (PC) 3056-Parole hold
15. Elijah Barragan 09/11/1993-Probation violation
16. Leland Stevens 08/14/1970-(PC) 30305(a)(1)-Felon in possession of ammunition, (H&S) 11377(a)-Possession of controlled substance, (PC) 22210-Possession of prohibited weapon, Probation violation
17. Christina Stephens 01/31/1987- Misdemeanor warrant
18. Jared Kuppens 12/28/1989- (H&S) 11364-Possession of paraphernalia and probation violation
19. Michelle Bright 12/28/1975-(PC) 148(a)(1)-Resist/Obstruct/Delay peace officer, (H&S) 11364-Possession of paraphernalia
20. Jacob Talley 12/14/1989-(H&S) 11364-Possession of paraphernalia
21. Scott Noyes 01/03/1970-(H&S) 11364-Possession of paraphernalia
22. Kelly Saulque 12/18/1981-(PC) 22810-Felon in possession of tear gas, Misdemeanor warrant
The Ridgecrest Police Department would like to thank all agencies for their participation in this S.I.T Operation.
JED MCLAUGHLIN, ACTING CHIEF OF POLICE
PREPARED BY: Sgt. Tony Brown – Investigations Bureau
Child ID Event At The Historic USO Building, 230 W. Ridgecrest Blvd. – Monday, Oct. 16 2017, 3:00pm – 5:00pm
If you need a new or updated Child ID card for your children? If so, join PACT (Police and Community Together) at the historic USO building, at 230 W Ridgecrest Blvd in Ridgecrest, California on Monday, October 16, 2017 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
PACT is a non-profit organization, so all donations are welcome. These donations help pay for supplies needed to keep the Child ID program running. Thank you in advance.
If anyone has questions or needs more information, feel free to contact Ridgecrest Police Department at 760-499-5107, or send a FB message to the P.A.C.T. (Police And Community Together) facebook page. Thank you.
Prepared by: Child ID Captain B. Pudgorski