Brothers arrested for shooting teens after argument in Inland Empire: SBSD
Two San Bernardino brothers were arrested after they allegedly shot two teens during an argument in Colton last month.
On March 3, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department responded to the 800 block of West Olive Street for reports of two minors who’d been shot multiple times, the department said in a news release.
Investigators found that the minors were in a verbal argument with two men in a white Volkswagen Golf hatchback just before the shooting.
Brothers Raul Martinez Jr., 22, and Bryan Martinez, 18, were identified as the men in the Volkswagen, the release said, and Raul was arrested during a traffic stop on Sunday. Raul was found to be in possession of a loaded gun at the time, deputies added.
Bryan was arrested at the brothers’ shared home in San Bernardino the next day.
Both are being held at the Central Detention Center in lieu of $1 million bail and were due to appear in San Bernardino Superior Court Wednesday morning on charges of attempted murder and assault with a firearm.
Court records show Raul Martinez also faces a charge of carrying a loaded handgun while not the owner, for which bail is an additional $30,000, and a second charge of attempted murder, which carries another $1 million in bail.
Raul Martinez was also due to appear in Rancho Superior Court on that second attempted murder charge Wednesday morning.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at 909-387-3545.
To report information anonymously, call WeTip at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or visit wetip.com.