If you are looking for a fine dining experience in North Dakota, you might want to check out 40 Steak + Seafood in Bismarck. This upscale restaurant is known for its high-quality steaks, seafood, and wine, as well as its elegant atmosphere and impeccable service. But be prepared to pay a hefty price for your meal, as this is the most expensive restaurant in the state.
What makes it so expensive?
According to the restaurant’s website, 40 Steak + Seafood sources its beef from local ranchers and dry-ages it in-house for 40 days, resulting in tender and flavorful steaks. The seafood is flown in fresh daily from around the world, and the wine list features over 300 selections from various regions and vintages. The menu also offers a variety of appetizers, salads, soups, sides, and desserts, all made with premium ingredients and expertly prepared by the chef and his team.
The prices reflect the quality and exclusivity of the food and drinks. For example, a 16-ounce prime ribeye steak costs $59, a lobster tail with drawn butter costs $49, and a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne costs $375. The average cost of a dinner for two, without drinks, is about $150, according to Yelp reviews.
What do customers say?
The restaurant has a 4.5-star rating on Yelp, based on 113 reviews. Most customers praise the food, especially the steaks, as well as the service, ambiance, and presentation. Some of the positive comments include:
- “The steak was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth.”
- “The service was outstanding. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly.”
- “The restaurant is beautiful and cozy. The lighting, music, and decor create a romantic mood.”
- “The food was amazing. The presentation was stunning and the portions were generous.”
However, some customers also complain about the high prices, the long wait times, and the inconsistency of the food quality. Some of the negative comments include:
- “The prices are outrageous. You can get better food for half the price elsewhere.”
- “We had to wait over an hour for our food, even though we had a reservation.”
- “The steak was overcooked and dry. The seafood was bland and rubbery.”
- “The food was disappointing. The presentation was sloppy and the portions were small.”
40 Steak + Seafood is the most expensive restaurant in North Dakota, offering a fine dining experience with steaks, seafood, and wine. The restaurant has a loyal fan base that appreciates its quality and service, but also faces some criticism for its prices and inconsistency. Whether you think it is worth the splurge or not, it is certainly a place that stands out in the state’s dining scene.